Thursday, February 25, 2010

Photos

Well getting there, just been working on painting the edges of the bases. Once this is done I will be going through and applying the highlights to the sand ect.
Then on with the assembly. As promised here are a few photos of me getting there:

With the cutter set to 15mm (This is just about how wide it can go)
Start slicing the wood


After a few cuts I ended up with this:



Measuring along I made several light slices at 150mm


And the resulting pile of bases:




Then applying the PVA, this is where I had to be careful as too much and I would have a bannana on my hand.

Once the sand was applied the one thing that I hoped would not happen did, the wood started to warp. A bit of quick thinking and I grabbed a couple of pots and stacked them ontop. This saved the project from going down the drain:





After leaving them for a couple of hours to be sure, I went about putting an ink through the bases. Here is what was used:




And the end result:



Well thats this round of updates for photos, stay tuned for more once more progress is made.

No comments:

Post a Comment